If you are an international student who is interested in studying at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada, you will need to obtain a letter of acceptance from the institution in order to apply for a study permit. A letter of acceptance is a formal letter from the DLI that confirms that you have been accepted into a program of study and that you are eligible to enrol.
There are a few steps you can follow to obtain a letter of acceptance from a DLI in Canada:
- Research DLIs: First, you will need to research DLIs in Canada that offer programs in your field of study. You can use the Government of Canada’s DLI list to find institutions that have been approved to host international students.
- Contact the DLI: Once you have identified a DLI that you are interested in attending, you should contact the institution to find out more about their programs and the application process. You can usually find contact information for the DLI on their website or by contacting the Ministry of Education in the relevant province or territory.
- Submit an application: To apply to a DLI, you will typically need to submit an application form, transcripts, and any other required documents. You may also need to provide proof of your language proficiency, such as a test score from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test d’évaluation de français (TEF).
- Accept the offer: If your application is successful, the institution will send you a letter of acceptance. Carefully read and understand the letter, and make sure to accept the offer by the deadline provided.
- Wait for a response: After you have submitted your application, you will need to wait for a response from the DLI. If you are accepted into the program, the DLI will send you a letter of acceptance, which you will need to submit with your study permit application.
- Get your study permit: Once you have received your letter of acceptance, you will need to apply for a study permit. This will allow you to study in Canada for the duration of your program.
- Prepare for your move: Once you have your study permit, you can begin making arrangements for your move to Canada. This includes finding housing, arranging for transportation, and making any other necessary arrangements
By following these steps, you can apply to a DLI in Canada and obtain a letter of acceptance, which is an important step in the process to realising your dream of studying in Canada as an international student.